Stanford Water Polo Club
2017-2018 Boys Winter Session
November 27, 2017 - February 4, 2018

(updated 11/10/17)


2017_JO_Champions


Winter Session Registration Update: We have closed registration for all High School Groups: HS 1A, HS 1B and HS 2 (18U-16U). If you would like to be added to the wait list for any of these groups please email Coach Barnea (email).

Registration is still available for AG 1, AG 2 and AG 3.

Please note, any athletes that register after a group is posted as full, is not guaranteed a spot for the Winter Session, and will incur a 10% transaction fee. The remaining 90% of session costs will be refunded.

posted 11/10/17 @9:00 am


SESSION DATES
All Groups: November 27, 2017 - February 4, 2018.

HOLIDAY BREAK
All Groups: No practices December 18, 2017 - January 2, 2018.

REGISTRATION
We have closed registration for all High School Groups (HS 1A, HS 1B, HS 2). If you would like to be added to the wait list for any of these groups please email Coach Barnea (email).

Registration for all Age Group programs (AG 1, AG 2 and AG 3) is currently open. CLICK HERE to register.

Registration for all groups is available on a first-come, first-served basis until we reach capacity in each practice group. A notice will be posted at the top of the home page once a practice group is full. Any athletes that register after a group is posted as full, is not guaranteed a spot for the Winter Session, and will incur a 10% transaction fee. The remaining 90% of session costs will be refunded.

We encourage athletes to complete registration as soon as possible to ensure enrollment, as we will close registration as groups reach capacity. Individuals on the wait list will be added on a first-come first-served basis, based on availability in the appropriate group.

Note to returning members: Please set a reminder for yourself, as we will not be sending out returning member registration emails. Be sure to review and update your information before submitting your online registration form.

USA WATER POLO MEMBERSHIP
All athletes must have valid USA Water Polo membership through the end of 2018 prior to submitting registration. Gold or Silver Membership is required for all Age Group and High School athletes. Only Age Group 3 athletes can participate with Bronze level membership. To register or renew with USWP click here.

Membership ID Check
Prior to each game, teams and athletes are now required to present verified rosters proving all athletes are current USWP members, as well as photo IDs to match those listed on the verified rosters. We have the ability to produce copies of Stanford WPC USA Water Polo Membership IDs and provide them directly to the coaches prior to competition and ask that all winter athletes double check their USWP Membership account to ensure there is a current headshot uploaded for every athlete. Uploading a headshot is a simple process, which is detailed in everyone's USWP account, but if you have any questions please email Coach Barnea (email).

Winter Session Costs
Practice Group
(see table below for description)
Early Registration
(submitted by 11/20)
Registration
(submitted after 11/20)
Age Group 3
$560
$575
Age Group 1 & 2
$875
$890
High School 1 & 2
$760
$775

REFUND POLICY
25% of the Session Costs is non-refundable once any online registration is submitted. The balance is refundable at a pro-rate during the first three weeks of the session. After December 17, refunds will no longer be issued.

For a refund, please e-mail Dawn (email). Refunds are pro-rated from the date the e-mail is received.

SIBLING DISCOUNT
Additional siblings are $40 less than the regular fee. Be sure to register all brothers using the same family account in order to receive the discount. (Cannot be combined with the Girls' Club).

CLUB TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
November 27–December 10, 2017 for new athletes only.

If you are new to Stanford WPC and interested in our Club Trial, this is how it works:

  • Registration requirements are the same, so the athlete must register for both USWP Membership and also for Stanford Water Polo Club prior to attending any practices;
  • Register for a USWP Membership* (www.usawaterpolo.org) first because you will need to enter your membership information when registering with the Stanford WPC.
  • Then, register for Stanford WPC’s Winter Session. Registration will be available online Monday, November 6.
  • Next, email Dawn (email) so she can add your son(s) to the Club Trial.  Be sure to include the athlete’s name, age, and USWP expiration date in your email.
  • Your son will have from November 27 – December 10 to participate in practices before deciding whether to continue for the remainder of the Winter Session.
  • If your son chooses NOT to continue after the Trial, you will need to email Dawn again on or before 12/10/17 to request a refund, which will be for 90% of the Session Dues to be credited back to your card.  

If you are new to the sport of water polo, you may use the USA WP Trial Membership (click here) while participating in our Club Trial.  Please read the information and follow the instructions at the top of the form carefully.  Be sure to use the date your son will participate in his first practice so the membership covers the full two weeks of his Club Trial.

PRACTICE GROUPS
The table below contains general information on practice days, times, and locations, as well as a brief description of each group. Please see the Calendar for individual practices and exceptions to the general schedule. Criteria for each athlete's placement into a group is based on, but not limited to age, position, ability level, experience, and longevity with Stanford WPC. Practice groups will be posted on the Practice Groups and Schedule page by Friday, Novemeber 24.

Athletes will not be allowed to practice with incomplete registration. Please allow at least 24 hours for registration processing. Once athlete registration has been processed, names will be updated on the Practice Groups & Schedule page. If you do not see your name listed in a group, email Dawn to find out what registration materials you are missing (email).

There may be some changes to practice group assignments during the first few weeks of the session while coaches assess athletes in their pre-assigned practice groups. Questions regarding practice group placement should be emailed to Coach Barnea (email).

2017-2018 Winter Session Practice Groups & Schedule
Practice Group
Practice Days
Practice Times
Practice Locations**
Group Description
Age Group 3
Tuesday & Thursday
6:15 pm-7:45 pm
Avery Aquatic Center, Stanford
Designed for boys ages 10 and younger with little to no previous water polo experience.
Age Group 2
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday*
6:00-7:30 pm (Tue/Thur),
6:15-8:15 pm (Fri),
11:00 am-1:00 pm (Sun)
Gunn HS (Tue & Thur)

Avery Aquatic Center,
Stanford (Fri & Sun)
12U athletes, born August 2, 2005 - August 1, 2007.
Age Group 1B
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday*
6:00-7:30 pm (Tue/Thur),
6:15-8:15 pm (Fri),
11:00 am-1:00 pm (Sun)
Avery Aquatic Center, Stanford (Tue & Thur)

Avery Aquatic Center,
Stanford (Fri & Sun)
14U athletes, born August 2, 2003 - August 1, 2005.
Age Group 1 A
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday*
6:15-7:45 pm (Tue/Thur),
6:15-8:15 pm (Fri),
11:00 am-1:00 pm (Sun)
Sacred Heart Prep (Tue & Thur)

Avery Aquatic Center,
Stanford (Fri & Sun)
Select 14U athletes, born August 2, 2003 - August 1, 2005.
High School 2
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday*
6:00-8:00 pm (Mon/Wed),
9:00 am-11:00 am (Sun)

Gunn HS (Mon & Wed)

Avery Aquatic Center, Stanford (Sun)

16U athletes, born August 2, 2001 - August 1, 2003.
High School 1B
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday*
6:15-8:15 pm (Mon/Wed),
9:00 am-11:00 am (Sun)
Avery Aquatic Center,
Stanford
(all practice days)
Select 16U athletes, born August 2, 2000 - August 1, 2002.
High School 1A
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday*
6:15-8:15 pm (Mon/Wed),
9:00 am-11:00 am (Sun)
Avery Aquatic Center,
Stanford
(all practice days)
18U athletes, born August 2, 1998 and earlier.

*Note: There will be no practice on Sundays/weekends when competitions are held.

**November 27-December 17 Location Exceptions
All Age Goup 1 (AG 1A and AG 1B) practices from will be held at Sacred Heart Prep.
A
ll High Schoool Practices (HS 1A, HS 1B and HS 2) will be held at Stanford.

CLUB CALENDAR
All practices, competitions, and special events can be found on the Calendar (button to the left). We will update the Calendar with scrimmages, games and other special events as they become available. Please check the Calendar on a weekly basis for updates.

 

2017-2018 Winter Session Events Calendar
Dates
Event
Practice Groups/Age Groups
Location
Dec 16-17
NorCal Winter League Games
18U, 16U, 14U, 12U
TBD
Dec 18-Jan 2
Winter Break - No Practice
All Groups
Happy Holidays!
Dec 22
Stanford Club Alumni Game.
N/A
Avery Aquatic Center
Jan 6-7
NorCal Winter League Games
18U, 16U, 14U, 12U
TBD
Jan 20-21
NorCal Winter League Games
18U, 16U, 14U, 12U
TBD
Feb 3-4
NorCal Winter League Games
18U, 16U, 14U, 12U
TBD
Feb 10-11
Kap7 International Tournament
Select 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U Athletes
Orange County, CA

Please note: Athletes selected to participate at the Kap7 International Tournament will be notified via email.  Upon notification of these teams, participation confirmation, including additional fees, must be submitted as detailed in the email.

STANFORD WPC TEAM GEAR
All Team Shop orders must be placed online directly through Kap 7. Team Suits, T-shirts, and Backpacks are currently available for order and immediate shipment through our online Team Shop. We will be offering a special winter line that will be avialable for order November 26-December 3. We will email out flyers for the winter line prior to the season getting underway.

All Club Gear is optional but we highly recommend every athlete have at least a Team Suit and Shirt or Sweatshirt to wear at all games.